Practical recipes for building fast, robust, and secure web apps using Django 3 and Python
- Explore the latest version of Django, and learn effectively with the help of practical examples
- Follow a task-based approach to develop professional web apps using Django and Python
- Discover recipes to enhance the security and performance of your apps
Django is a web framework for perfectionists with deadlines, designed to help you build manageable medium and large web projects in a short time span. This fourth edition of the Django Web Development Cookbook is updated with Django 3's latest features to guide you effectively through the development process.
By the end of this book, you will have become proficient in using Django's powerful features and will be equipped to create robust websites.
What you will learn
- Discover how to set the basic configurations to start any Django project
- Understand full-stack web application development using Django
- Build a database structure using reusable model mixins
- Implement security, performance, and deployment features in your web apps
- Import data from local sources and external web services and export it to your app
- Secure web applications against malicious usage and find and fix common performance bottlenecks
Who this book is for
This Django book is for Python web developers who want to build fast and secure web apps that can scale over time. You'll also find this book useful if you want to upgrade to the latest Django framework. Knowledge of Python 3, along with a basic understanding of the Django framework will help you make the most of this book.